This post has affiliate links which are means for this site to earn money.
The laundry room is where a lot of waste can happen, mostly it is a waste of energy and money. There is also a waste of money buying commercial cleaners that are full of harsh chemicals and come in plastic. I enjoy making my own products in order to avoid these chemicals and I feel that they work great for my home. Just remember to do what is good for you and your family.
Easy ways to cut back waste:
- Wash clothes less. Clothes can be worn more than once before needing to be washed.
- Hang your clothes to dry on a clothesline, indoor or outdoor.
- Wash with cold or lukewarm water.
- Iron clothing less. (Let’s be honest, we all use the dryer for this.)
- Make your own laundry detergent.
- Make your own dryer sheets or wool balls.
- Use vinegar as a fabric softener.
- Replace bleach with a homemade alternative.
- Make your own stain remover.